Please refer to our new main site.

Monday, June 11, 2012

For People in NYC, Different Types of Visas are explained by an Immigration Lawyer - Part II

Migration has been one of the most common aspects of human life since the pre-historic times. Every year, the United States receives millions of applications from immigrants around the world, requesting for any of the many different types of visas it have to offer. In New York City, the reliable support and lawful guidance of immigration lawyer NYC law firm, proves vital to any immigrant facing the many issues and complications in matters related to immigration.

In continuation from part one, on the different types of visas explained by an immigration lawyer in a recent interview; the other types of immigrant and non-immigrant visas, issued and required in the United States are as follows -

Work Visa-

Immigrants may qualify to live and work in the United States; however, they have to meet some stringent prerequisites due to the limited number of work visas issued by the immigration authorities every year. An immigrant should meet the basic criteria that concerns educational history, professional skills, criminal history along with proof that he/she will not claim for any public benefits that may lead to a public charge.

The different types of work visas that are granted include E-1 Visa, E2 Visa,H-1B Visa for Specialty Work, H-3 Visa for Trainee, L-1 Visa for Intracompany Transfer, O-1 Visa for Extraordinary Ability, R-1 Visa for Religious Work and TN Visa NAFTA for Temporary Work.

J-1 Visa-

A J-1 visa is for those individuals, who wish to be trained in the United States, however this visa is different compared to the student visa as it deals with vocational training. This visa requires sponsorship by an exchange program, which must be accepted by the United States Information Agency. Those seeking this type of visa may include scholars, trainees, professionally skilled individuals, professors, research scholars, healthcare professionals, foreign government representatives and camp counselors. The services of an immigration lawyer NYC law firm become immensely helpful to those who are seeking J1 visa.

Fianc Visa-

Relationships involving diverse cultures and nationalities are not uncommon in the United States; in such cases, one requires a K-1 fianc visa. A citizen has the right to marry an individual having a different nationality; however, this does not guarantee a visa, as the granting of the fianc visa depends on various parameters and has a defined procedure. This requires a petition to be filed by the citizen and after the processing by the USCIS; it is forwarded to the nearest city of the individual seeking a Fianc Visa.

1 comment: